Gagandeep Kang is the first Indian woman scientist to be selected as a Fellow of the Royal Society. Gagandeep Kang is a clinician scientist and a professor in the Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences at the famous Christian Medical College, Vellore. She is the current executive director of the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, Faridabad, which is an autonomous institution under the department of biotechnology of the science and technology ministry. Before Kang, two Indian origin women scientists – British microscopist Pratibha Gai (2016) and American microbiologist Lalita Ramakrishnan (2018) – had received the honour.
- International Gandhi Peace PrizeThe Government of India launched the International Gandhi Peace Prize in 1995 on the occasion of the 125th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. It is a very prestigious Award and carries an amount of 10 mil
- First in India (Men)The first Lokpal of India - Justice P. C. Ghosh The first batsman to score three test century in three successive tests on debut - Mohd. Azharuddin The first batsman to score double century in One Da
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2017Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for MUSIC Lalith J. Rao: Hindustani vocal music Umakant & Ramakant Gundecha (gundecha brothers - joint award): Hindustani vocal music Yogesh Samsi: Hindustani ins
- 2019 Oscars Awards (Academy Awards)The Oscars 2019 marked the 91st edition of the biggest night in film. It came during a monumental time in Hollywood, following last year's Golden Globe and Academy Award ceremonies which served as dir
- Classical Dances in IndiaClassical Dances in IndiaStateBharatanatyamTamil NaduBihuAssamBhangraPunjabChhauBihar, Orissa, West Bengal and JharkhandGarhwaliUttaranchalGarbaGujaratHattariKarnatakaKathakNorth IndiaKathakaliKeralaK
- Tribal and Folk Dances in IndiaStatesDancesMaharashtraKathakeertan, Lezin, Dandaniya, Tamasha, Gafa, Dahikala, Lavani, Mauni, Dasavtar.KarnatakaHuttari, Suggi Kunitha, YakashaganaKeralaKaikottikali, Kaliyattam, Tappatikkali.Tamil N
- Important DaysImportant National and International Days in JanuaryJanuary 1Army Medical Corps Establishment DayJanuary 8African National Congress Foundation DayJanuary 10World Laughter DayJanuary 9Pravasi Bharatiya
- Padma AwardsPadma Awards - one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The Awards are given in various disciplines/
- Bharat Ratna AwardBharat Ratna is the highest civilian honour, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, Sports and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order.
- Padma Vibhushan Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri 2019Padma Awards - one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The Awards are given in various disciplines