India has been placed at a low 103 rank, the lowest among BRICS economies, on the WEF’s Global Human Capital Index, which has been topped by Norway. India also ranks “among the lowest in the world” when it comes to the employment gender gap, but has fared well when it comes to development of skills needed for the future with a rank of 65 out of total 130 countries surveyed. The list compiled by Geneva-based World Economic Forum (WEF) takes into account “the knowledge and skills people possess that enable them to create value in the global economic system” to measure the ‘human capital’ rank of a country. The WEF said India is ranked lower than its BRICS peers, with Russian Federation placed as high as 16th place, followed by China at 34th, Brazil at 77th and South Africa at 87th place.
- Nobel Prize WinnerSwedish inventor and businessman Alfred Nobel, at the time of his death on 10 December 1896, he had 355 patents worldwide – one of them was the patent on dynamite. Furthermore, he had started 87 compa
- 2018 Nobel Awards Winners2018 Nobel Winners in Medicine The 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been jointly awarded to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo, by the Nobel committee of the Karolinska Institute. The tw
- 2018 National Sports AwardsNational Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is given for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sp
- 2018 Asian Games Indian Medal WinnersAsian Games 2018 Gold Medel WinnersAmit Panghal - Men's Boxing 49 kgPranab Shibhnath - BridgeJinson Johnson - Men’s 1500mSwapna Barman - Women's Heptathlon Arpinder Singh - Men's Triple JumpManjit Sin
- 2018 Human Development Index (HDI)The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite index focusing on three basic dimensions of human development: the ability to lead a long and healthy life, measured by life expectancy at birth; the a
- Important DaysImportant Days in January January 1Army Medical Corps Establishment Day January 8African National Congress Foundation Day January 10World Laughter Day January 9Pravasi Bharatiya Divas January 11Death
- First Chief Minister of Various States in IndiaFirst Chief Minister of undivided Andhra Pradesh - Neelam Sanjiva Reddy First Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh - N. Chandrababu Naidu (After separation of Telangana) First Chief Minister of Ar
- Longest and LargestLongest river (India) - Ganges Longest river (World) - Nile Longest Railway(World) - Trans-Siberian railway Longest Railway Station (World) - Grand Central Terminal, Chicago (U.S.A.) The longest tribu
- History of FIFA World Cup FootballThe World Cup football tournament is organised by theFederation Internationale de Football Association(FIFA)once in four years since 1930.It was on July 18,1930 that the first-ever World Cup match was
- Bharat Ratna AwardBharat Ratna is the highest civilian honour, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, Sports and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order.