The government on December 7 appointed Krishnamurthy Subramanian as the Chief Economic Adviser (CEA) to the finance minister for a period of three years. The main role of a CEA is to advise the government on key economic issues. Besides, the adviser and its team comes out with an annual Economic Survey ahead of Union Budget. Subramanian, who is currently the associate professor of finance (with tenure) and executive director for the Centre for Analytical Finance at country’s premier business-school Indian School of Business.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards 2017Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for MUSIC Lalith J. Rao: Hindustani vocal music Umakant & Ramakant Gundecha (gundecha brothers - joint award): Hindustani vocal music Yogesh Samsi: Hindustani ins
- 2019 Oscars Awards (Academy Awards)The Oscars 2019 marked the 91st edition of the biggest night in film. It came during a monumental time in Hollywood, following last year's Golden Globe and Academy Award ceremonies which served as dir
- Classical Dances in IndiaClassical Dances in IndiaStateBharatanatyamTamil NaduBihuAssamBhangraPunjabChhauBihar, Orissa, West Bengal and JharkhandGarhwaliUttaranchalGarbaGujaratHattariKarnatakaKathakNorth IndiaKathakaliKeralaK
- Tribal and Folk Dances in IndiaStatesDancesMaharashtraKathakeertan, Lezin, Dandaniya, Tamasha, Gafa, Dahikala, Lavani, Mauni, Dasavtar.KarnatakaHuttari, Suggi Kunitha, YakashaganaKeralaKaikottikali, Kaliyattam, Tappatikkali.Tamil N
- Important DaysImportant National and International Days in JanuaryJanuary 1Army Medical Corps Establishment DayJanuary 8African National Congress Foundation DayJanuary 10World Laughter DayJanuary 9Pravasi Bharatiya
- Padma AwardsPadma Awards - one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The Awards are given in various disciplines/
- Bharat Ratna AwardBharat Ratna is the highest civilian honour, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, Sports and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order.
- Padma Vibhushan Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri 2019Padma Awards - one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. The Awards are given in various disciplines
- Maharatna Navratna and Miniratna SchemeMaharatna Scheme The Government introduced the Maharatna scheme in December, 2009 with the objective to delegate enhanced powers to the Boards of identified large sizes Navratna CPSEs to facilitate fu
- AtmosphereThe atmosphere is a thick gaseous envelope which surrounds the earth from all sides and is attached the earth's surface by gravitational force. It filters the incoming solar radiation and thus prevent