The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $175 million loan agreement to support construction of high voltage transmission systems to evacuate power generated from new mega solar parks to the interstate grid, and improve reliability of the national grid system. The loan will be given to the Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) and will include subprojects in various locations in India. As an innovative feature, the project is designed to adopt the country systems on both safeguards and procurement at the agency level. This will be the ADB’s first breakthrough of the country system’s application to a specific project.
- 2018 National Sports AwardsNational Sports Awards are given every year to recognize and reward excellence in sports. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is given for the spectacular and most outstanding performance in the field of sp
- 2018 Asian Games Indian Medal WinnersAsian Games 2018 Gold Medel WinnersAmit Panghal - Men's Boxing 49 kgPranab Shibhnath - BridgeJinson Johnson - Men’s 1500mSwapna Barman - Women's Heptathlon Arpinder Singh - Men's Triple JumpManjit Sin
- 2018 Human Development Index (HDI)The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite index focusing on three basic dimensions of human development: the ability to lead a long and healthy life, measured by life expectancy at birth; the a
- Important DaysImportant Days in January January 1Army Medical Corps Establishment Day January 8African National Congress Foundation Day January 10World Laughter Day January 9Pravasi Bharatiya Divas January 11Death
- First Chief Minister of Various States in IndiaFirst Chief Minister of undivided Andhra Pradesh - Neelam Sanjiva Reddy First Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh - N. Chandrababu Naidu (After separation of Telangana) First Chief Minister of Ar
- Longest and LargestLongest river (India) - Ganges Longest river (World) - Nile Longest Railway(World) - Trans-Siberian railway Longest Railway Station (World) - Grand Central Terminal, Chicago (U.S.A.) The longest tribu
- History of FIFA World Cup FootballThe World Cup football tournament is organised by theFederation Internationale de Football Association(FIFA)once in four years since 1930.It was on July 18,1930 that the first-ever World Cup match was
- Bharat Ratna AwardBharat Ratna is the highest civilian honour, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, Sports and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order.
- 2018 Ramon Magsaysay AwardBharat Vatwani(India) In electing Bharat Vatwani to receive the 2018 Ramon Magsaysay Award, the board of trustees recognizes "his tremendous courage and healing compassion in embracing India's ment
- Ramon Magsaysay AwardThe Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia's highest honor and is widely regarded as the region’s equivalent of the Nobel Prize. It celebrates the memory and leadership example of the third Philippine preside