The government on December 7 appointed Krishnamurthy Subramanian as the Chief Economic Adviser (CEA) to the finance minister for a period of three years. The main role of a CEA is to advise the government on key economic issues. Besides, the adviser and its team comes out with an annual Economic Survey ahead of Union Budget. Subramanian, who is currently the associate professor of finance (with tenure) and executive director for the Centre for Analytical Finance at country’s premier business-school Indian School of Business.
- PM dedicates 2G Ethanol Plant in PanipatOn the occasion of World Biofuel Day, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the 2nd generation (2G) Ethanol Plant in Panipat, Haryana to the nation. The dedication of the Plant is part of a long
- History of Indian National FlagEvery free nation of the world has its own flag. It is a symbol of a free country. The National Flag of India was designed by Pingali Venkayya and adopted in its present form during the meeting of the
- Wimbledon Tennis Championship 2022Wimbledon Men's Singles Title: Serbia's Novak Djokovic beats Australia's Nick Kyrgios to win the final of the men's single for the 7th Wimbledon title. Wimbledon Women's Singles Title: Kazakhstan's El
- 68th National Film Awards for 2020Madhya Pradesh wins the Most Film Friendly State award while Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh get Special Mention. The Longest Kiss by Kishwar Desai wins Best Book on Cinema for the year while Malayalam
- First in India (Women)First Tribal woman become president of India Smt. Draupadi Murmu First Women's University Maharshi Karve starts SNDT University in Pune with five students in 1916. First Woman to hold a Union Cabi
- National Film AwardsThe National Film Awards is one of India's most prominent film award ceremonies in India. The Awards were first presented in 1954. The Government of India conceived the ceremony to honour films made a
- India Rankings 2022 of Higher Educational InstitutesThe Union Minister of Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released the India Rankings 2022. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), launched in Nove
- Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC)Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) is an initiative aiming at promoting open networks for all aspects of the exchange of goods and services over digital or electronic networks. ONDC is to be bas
- Sahitya Akademi Awards 2021The Sahitya Akademi announced its coveted annual literary awards for great literary works in 24 languages for the year 2021. Ms. Namita Gokhale was awarded for her novel Things to Leave Behind and Ms.
- Oscars 2022 winnersThe Oscars are back in Hollywood, as nominees from top contending films including "CODA," "The Power of the Dog" and "Belfast" hit the red carpet for the movie industry's biggest night. The awards cer