Olga Tokarczuk has won the prestigious Man Booker International Prize for her novel Flights. The novel, translated by Jennifer Croft, narrates tales of travelling, mobility and movement and makes them a metaphor for life itself.
- 2018 Human Development Index (HDI)The Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite index focusing on three basic dimensions of human development: the ability to lead a long and healthy life, measured by life expectancy at birth; the a
- Important DaysImportant Days in January January 1Army Medical Corps Establishment Day January 8African National Congress Foundation Day January 10World Laughter Day January 9Pravasi Bharatiya Divas January 11Death
- First Chief Minister of Various States in IndiaFirst Chief Minister of undivided Andhra Pradesh - Neelam Sanjiva Reddy First Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh - N. Chandrababu Naidu (After separation of Telangana) First Chief Minister of Ar
- Longest and LargestLongest river (India) - Ganges Longest river (World) - Nile Longest Railway(World) - Trans-Siberian railway Longest Railway Station (World) - Grand Central Terminal, Chicago (U.S.A.) The longest tribu
- History of FIFA World Cup FootballThe World Cup football tournament is organised by theFederation Internationale de Football Association(FIFA)once in four years since 1930.It was on July 18,1930 that the first-ever World Cup match was
- Bharat Ratna AwardBharat Ratna is the highest civilian honour, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, Sports and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order.
- 2018 Ramon Magsaysay AwardBharat Vatwani(India) In electing Bharat Vatwani to receive the 2018 Ramon Magsaysay Award, the board of trustees recognizes "his tremendous courage and healing compassion in embracing India's ment
- Ramon Magsaysay AwardThe Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia's highest honor and is widely regarded as the region’s equivalent of the Nobel Prize. It celebrates the memory and leadership example of the third Philippine preside
- Bharatiya Gyanpith Awards (Jnanpith Award)On 22nd May, 1961, the fiftieth birthday of Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain, the founder of the Bharatiya Jnanpith, members of his family thought that some unique scheme, commanding national prestige and of i
- Nobel Prize 2017Nobel Prize in Medicine 2017Three Americans Jeffrey Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael Young awarded for their discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling our biological clocks. Mr. Rosbash is on t